Pamplona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Pamplona
July 8th 2013
Published: August 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 6am, after spending a freezing 3 hours trying to get some sleep in the car at a gas station, and questioned our sanity as we headed like zombies in to try to run with the bulls(I had decided I was too exhausted to attempt it, but Andrew was still game). Well, it was the first day, absolutely crazy, and there was no way we were getting in. We got there an hour early and they were already throwing people out. We couldn't even find a spot to watch, so we stood in the crowd and waited to hopefully see movement or hear something. All we really saw was the crowd of people that could see moving their cameras and that was it. The town was packed to the gills with drunk, vomiting sticky obnoxious 20 somethings. Our feet stuck to the ground and it smelled like vomit, booze and garbage. It wasn't our scene, and was a complete bust, but oh well, I guess it counts as seeing the running of the bulls. We were not liking it, so we drove to a nearby seaside town, San Sebastian and relaxed there for a while before heading back to the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb