AAGH!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
March 25th 2011
Published: March 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

WeaverWeaverWeaver

This fellow is working on a poncho that will take him a month to complete.
Ugh! I just sat in this dirty little internet cafe for 45 minutes writing a chatty blog entry and when I got to the form for adding photos, all the text was lost! This blog machine has always been a bit clunky, but that´s a first. I´ll try to cover some of the hilights of the stuff I lost, but am not going to linger over it. The actual photo uploading part takes a lot of time, and Pauline is going to worry if I´m not back soon.

The neighbourhood we´re in is decidedly gritty, but we´re enjoying walking around it. We seem to be in an area will all of the auto parts stores. Like nothing you´ve seen in North America. One store 12 feet wide selling batteries, the next selling shocks, and on and on. Over top it all are apartments. Talk about mixed use.

Went to a textile museum/store today. Excellent.

Also visited a monument to Pachacutac, the inca that started the Quechua people on the road to conquest about a third of the continent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

BraidsBraids
Braids

This wonderful lady doing a weaving demo offered a set of braids for Abbey, who had taken a strong interest in her long braids. The dress of this lady was not just put on for tourists, we were pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of older women in Cuzco still retain the traditional dress, and can often be seen hauling cargo through the streets bundled in woven blankets.
PachacoutecPachacoutec
Pachacoutec

We climbed the interior stairs to the foot of the statue. Pretty nice view of Cuzco from there.


25th March 2011

glad to hear fromyou' even if you are having difficulties. the weather is warming up, so we hope spring is on the way. love to all. mom.
25th March 2011

Non-confidence fyi
non-con Vote against Gov on contempt of parliament successful at the suggestion of the speaker! ... rather than on the stinky budget Canadian history made. 156 to 145

Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb