Cusco - Machu Picchu is close....


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
October 15th 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Cusco really early, around 6am, and found a stunning room overlooking the main Plaza. We managed to haggle price down and went out for some breakfast. After a few laps of town we headed for a bar called Nortons Rat. Nice place, and has 3 dart boards, that was me sorted for a while. We ordered a beer and played some darts. We then sat on the balcony and ordered a jug of Cuba Libre. To us it felt late as we'd been on the night bus, but an inspection of the watch said it was only 10.30am, little early for the hard liquor, but it was ordered. We sat out on the balcony and watched the square only to hear 2 loud Texan voices shout our name.....yep, the Dragoman Tour had caught us up again. I finally leave the tour but they're always about. We had a drink and arranged to meet later on.

We went for a little post rum siesta and went for some food later that night and met the rest of the old crew. A few of us stayed out in various clubs and had a great night, assisted by a good amount of Cuba Libre.

The next day was pretty lazy, it was Matt & Claires last day before their trek so we walked around town buying last minute essentials, then ordered in a pizza and watched a film. They left early morning and i changed to a smaller room for the night, as my trek was starting the day after.

A similar lazy day, and i started to feel really ill, which was annoying the day before my trek, so i went to the local chemist and bought some random stuff and took it all and went to bed. I managed to pack my stuff and was up at 4am to meet the others on my trek.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb