Machu poo-poo


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
March 19th 2011
Published: March 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Carts in AguasCarts in AguasCarts in Aguas

Buses are the only vehicles in Aguan Calientes, so everything gets hauled around on carts.
Just checked out of the hotel in Aguas Calientes (the town at the bottom of Machu Picchu). Had a great day yesterday despite a shaky start (at our 5:40am pickup time, we almost ditched the plan due to queasiness). Illness held off for the whole day however, and we had an exceptional visit to Machu Picchu, followed by a dip in the hotsprings here in town. We're exploring Aguas Calientes this afternoon until our train leaves at 4pm, but will keep an eye on the nearest bathroom at all times. Realized that this wasn't just altitude sickness, but something more sinister, and we're all in the same boat at the moment. Fun. Grateful we we had a good day yesterday though. With Machu Picchu, you go prepared to tromp through it in the rain if that's what the weather brings, but we were lucky to have a warm, sunny day.

Photos (of the mountain) to follow when we are back in Cuzco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Other Duties as AssignedOther Duties as Assigned
Other Duties as Assigned

Working on a Peru Rail train means you occasionally need to change in the bathroom into a costume and dance for tourists. We even had a fashion show of Peru Rail clothing.


19th March 2011

What fun!!! Too bad you couldn't stay in or near your hotel for the afternoon. Get a good rest when you get back to Cusco. Looking forward to your photos. Loads and loads of love. Mom.
19th March 2011

Hope you all feel better soon...it is almost spring break here, and we are looking forward to relaxing on the beach in Cancun(nothing like your adventure tho, but we are renewing our vows while we are down there) safe travels all around:)
22nd March 2011

Brilliant
Machu Poo-poo. Just caught that as I was about to log-off...brilliant. -34 with the windchill this morning but -7 this afternoon. For the first time this winter it took a real lecture to myself to get on my bike, I am ready to lose putting on all the winter clothes each morning. A belaclava and goggles must seem half a world away to you...wait, it almost is. Cheers, Bruce

Tot: 0.395s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb