Quick Update


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
November 20th 2009
Published: November 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,
It´s Nat again. Just a really quick update today. Yesterday we went to Ollantaytambo (O-yan-tay-tam-bo). Very cool town built by the Incas. Cobblestone streets and all... Very nice.... but TODAY...

We went to Machu Picchu!!!!!! We got up very early this morning and took the train to Aguas Calientes, which is a small town that built up quickly for all the tourists flocking to Machu Picchu. We got to the ruins by around 2pm today and spent about 2 hours there wandering around. It was amazing! It was raining by the time we got up the mountain (up in a bus with about 15 switchbacks in 25 min.) I think we climbed -in the bus - 2000ft in 25 min. My ears were popping. Luckily all the wheels stayed on the road and on the mountain, but it was close there a couple times. I won´t be even remotely scared of rollarcoasters any more.

Anyway... we got to the top and it was raining but it was also really cool because the clouds were rolling around all around us and around the mountains. It was so beautiful and eerie. My rain jacket finally came in handy.

After about an hour the rain stopped and the sun came out and it was very humid and hot. And everything was so beautiful and amazing. This huge city on the top of a mountain, all made of stone. Well, that´s all that´s left anyway. We climbed up and down and around some pretty steep scary stairs but we survived. I don´t think Ve is afraid of heights anymore either, after all the crazy drops we came across today.

Oh yeah, and the llamas. Yes, there are llamas at Machu Picchu and there were a few blocking a path at one point that was pretty amusing for the tourists trying to get by. I got some good llama shots. Sorry you won´t be seeing any of them today. You probably won´t get pics for a while. Just be patient. They´ll come 😊

So we´re going back again tomorrow morning! Why not! We´re only here once right? Its not exactly cheap, but who cares at this point. I´ve missed so much of this trip, but this is why we came. Might as well make the most of it.

Speaking of which, we just splurged on dinner and it was so worth it. After a couple of crappy meals the past couple of days, this one made up for it. We went to a restaurant where the couple is from Peru and France. The result was an amazing restaurant called Indio Feliz. Delicioso!!!!

Ok, so this was a longer post than I expected. Lucky you! I have to go to bed now. SOOOOO exausted!! And its only 8:30pm!

Back to Machu Picchu tomorrow morning, then back to the Green House (also known as my personal paradise) and then on to Lima the next day.

Buenos Noches!
Nat & Ve

Advertisement



20th November 2009

You gotta show us some photos of the Green Room, since you've mentioned it so many times!!
21st November 2009

That's awesome. Do you have any photos of Machu Picchu and the lamas? Just a side note, do not say delicioso by it self in south America. Say it in context, such as the food is delicioso, because by itself, its a street slang for oral sex(so I read).

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb