Arequipa Uncensored and a few Random Photos from Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa
March 22nd 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow. That’s all I have to say about last night, or should I say this morning. I’ll start at the end, Brett and I getting back to our hostel at 6am. Yes that’s right, 6 o clock in the morning! We decided to go out for some dinner and we went to this place called Split that was just around the way. We had ourselves some Peru Libres which are made from Pisco (Aguardiente, basically liquor made from grapes and it’s the most popular liquor here) and cola with lime. It was happy hour so we got 3 for 2 drinks, we had a couple rounds and a burger which was pretty darn good and then we left that place for a change of scenery. We went to another bar which was an expat bar and full of Brits and a few Peruvians. There were some drunk old Brits at the bar talking about god knows what, probably U2 and bangers and mash. We had a few more Peru Libres there and then were going to head to this place we saw during the day called Dancing Days however along the way we heard some music bumping from this random club with no name and obviously we went upstairs. We were the only white faces in the place and got a lot of looks right off the bat. A younger guy came up to us and invited us to sit with him and his buddy next to another table of some guys that seemed pretty dodgy. The two dudes we were chilling with were named Richard and Miguel and they were younger than us and attended the university here in Arequipa. We bs’d with them for a while and then the guys at the table next to us started to ask Brett how much money he had and some shady shit so we bounced with our two new buddies. We were asking them to go to another bar some place really Peruvian so we could have some more cocktails and boy did they take us somewhere. We had to stop at Miguel’s house so he could get some more money and then the cab took us to this street that was dark but crowded and we pulled up in front of what was basically a small door made out of the metal front of the building. We stepped inside and yep, you guessed it, a strip club. It was great. The women were beautiful and anything goes at this place. You can touch the girls and basically do whatever you want to do. Fully nude and they serve alcohol; Déjà Vu has nothing on this place! We ordered some drinks and watched a dance and then a blonde haired Brazilian girl came and sat down on my lap. I bought her a drink and we went in the back and honestly I didn’t do anything with her but she danced a little for me and we made out pretty much all night and talked for like five hours! It was pretty insane. Brett and our new buddies were watching the main stage when this was all going down and by the time I realized it was 5.30am and as we busted out of the bar the girl gave me her number, who knows if it’s real, her name was Flavia and she was 24 and a student. I asked her why she chose this job and she said because it paid the bills. I could barely understand her because she was basically speaking Portuguese to me all night and me speaking Spanish to her. Somehow we got the point across. We came out of the club and it was daylight. I wasn’t prepared for daylight. We got in a cab after arguing about the price for our trip and I realized I had no idea where our hostel was located to tell this guy where to go. Thank god Brett knew. We got back here and passed the fuck out until 14.00 when we got up and went to get some food. Riala, our friend from Finland who we met in Lima, then in Cusco, is also here and we met up with her for a few minutes and chatted, we are going to meet her for dinner event though I am not really that hungry it will still be nice to hang out with her, she is a really cool chick. I’ll let you all know what goes down tonight. Let’s pray to god its more low key than last night!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd March 2011

Love the pics in this one Tom!! Great story too :)

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb