Nazca Lines, Huacachina, Huaraz


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ancash » Huaraz
August 23rd 2005
Published: August 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hola!

Another update for all you guys, I bet you will get bored of these soon hey!

We picked up Laura from the airport, stayed a night in Lima. Then took abus up to Nazca . It was another mad overnight journey so the day felt long as we decided to do the flight to see the lines on the same day. We booked a flight which was meant to depart at 9am but suprise suprise we didn{t take off until 11 ( in a 5 seater plane)! Anyway the lines were cool our piloit was sweet did a lot of turns so that everyone could see the lines properly. They were a lot smaller than i anticipated. It was just quite perplexing to think why they were actually made and what a random discovery they must have been for the peeps who found them!

We are doing proper hardcore travelling as Luara is only here for two weeks so our next move was to an Oasis town called Huacachina. This was cool, a Lagoon was the central point and all around it was massive sand dunes. We found a funky hostal and the weather was gorgeous really hot.
Around miday (which probab wasn{t the best idea! - too hot) we hired some sand boards (hope you are all impressed with my level of activity!!) and climbed up the sand dune to sand board down, now those of you who know about my non exsistant skiing skills can probably imagine what a site i was on the board!! But hey it was fun and the landing was a lot softer than icey snow! I did get a bit of altitude sickness but was fine coming down! Me and laura sandboarded partly by sitting on the board was fun once you put the wax on which made it go a lot faster!! I think we provided much entertainment to the on lookers!

Just chilled for the afternoon in hammocks around the pool which was nice. Our hostal was at the foot of a massive sand dune and we had decided that we would work our way up to see the sunset. The walk was pretty amazing you could see dunes all around for miles. We reached the top in time for sunset which was gorgeous. On the way back we had the option of following the walked path that we took to the top or walking down the almost vertical face! We opted for the later which was fun and we got down a lot quicker!

The next day was taken travelling which included a 5 hour bus journey to Lima which was boring! then an overnight bus to Huaraz, which is the mountainous region of Peru (has the highest mountain up to 6000 ft i think!). I have decided that i hate overnight buses they are smelly and very tiring!!

Huaraz

The surroundings are lovely and there are some impressive snow capped peaks to be seen. It is high season so you a fair few Gringos around! There are some cool markets selling lots of colourful products, I will prob buy a jumper for the Inca trail. We have spent a couple of days just taking it easy, which is nice. Tommorow we will go on a trek to some Lagoons which are meant to be impressive. The other good thing about this town is that there are lots of veggie places to eat! You guys can probably tell that this is an important factor for me when deciding if i like a place or not!

Ok well i will update you all again on our trekking expeditions soon.

Hope everyone is well, hope to hear from some of you soon.

Take care

love nishi xxxxxxxx

Advertisement



23rd August 2005

Can you get a subway sandwich there?
Hello! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! I am sitting in my room, about to do my laundry (shock horror!). If you have a digital camera you should upload the pictures of your adventures so we can all see and be really jealous! Hope to hear from you soon Nish, be good! Love rav x

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb