illegal border crossing


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay
July 26th 2005
Published: August 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

breakfast in paraguay, lunch in brazil, dinner in argentina....

crossed illegally into paraguay...inadvertantly...yep, that´ll be the antartica again....decided that we needed our passports stamped for memories, so we went to the immigration booth, from the wrong side, after all we were already in....they was not pleased, left, left the country, returned, repeated the trick....in paraguay 3 times yesterday....

when we left for good we did it on the back of a moto taxi...the border crossing is a long two lane bridge, the bridge of friendship, ahhhh, but there was an altercation in the middle, which tuned into a riot, which turned into panic....stuck on the back of a madmans bike, dave somewhere in the crowd behind me, jammed with bikes, cars and fighting people, had to negoitate a scaled down version of monaco grand prix for bikes....high tailed it through the crowds when the riot police joined in....form both countries, and trust me the brazilian and paraguian police are´nt drinking buddies....absolute insanity....

but finally we are in argentina.....heading to buenos aires today!

oh and I saw feather earings today.....that´ll occupy my thoughts on the 18 hour bus ride.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb