Things I've learnt in Asunción - 2 Dec 2010


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Asunciòn
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ktichen BeastKtichen BeastKtichen Beast

Sadly now dead :(
Since last week I've been to Bogotá and Buenos Aires so this is actually more than just what I learnt in Asunción and explains the airport theme! But first some news flashes:

Fungus update (see two weeks ago): The worst has passed, the cream worked.
Beasts in the kitchen report: still finding plenty of monsters, a giant butterfly/moth was this week's best find, photo attached.
Weather report: So hot I'm sweating my skin off.
Sports report: Last weekend of the season here with Libertad one point ahead of my team Cerro Porteño - for the 2nd week running the TV will be showing one game with goal flashes from the other, who needs Sky Sports?!!

Lima is South America's best airport...but after 8 hours waiting for your connection to Colombia and it is easy to forget that. There are only so many times you can resist the temptation of eating overpriced sandwiches and travelling up and down the movable walkway.

I've been to Lima airport twice but never to Peru...which is nothing really, I've now been to Sao Paulo Garulhos 17 times yet never set foot in the city itself!

It is impossible not to feel cool
NephewsNephewsNephews

Just chilling - love that fake smile Octavio!
when you step out of a police helicopter in a suit...my job has its perks.

Summer time is Sandia time...a.k.a Watermelon time because now this beauty (photo attached) only costs me 16p!!

Weight loss reality TV is errr a reality...caught an Argentinian programme where fat people had to lose weight each week or they were eliminated! Great for the self-esteem of the guy who got eliminated in the first week!

Good things come to those who wait...instead of joining the scrum that is boarding for any plane in Latin America. I was called to the front and given an upgrade. I've dubbed this the Buenos Aires Bonus!


Question of the week

Conversation between two Bolivian women, overheard this morning in Buenos Aires airport:
"Ah, Asia. And how do you get to Asia, with a passport?"
...and usually an airplane



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

View from the balconyView from the balcony
View from the balcony

Maybe you can feel the heat from here?!


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb