The Falklands


Advertisement
Falkland Islands' flag
South America » Falkland Islands
February 14th 2006
Published: February 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We spent 2 days visiting the Falklands. West point and Stanley. There were loads of birds on the West, Albatross and cara cara and loads of rock hopper penguins. We walked a couple of miles on grass (oh joy to be on land!!) spent an hour or so birdwatching - amazing! Then headed back to someones house for tea and cakes. The island reminded me of Wales (except the penguins..)Was very lovely.


The second day we went to Stanley-the capital of the Falklands, It's the smallest and most remote capital city in the world.
It was soo British, they spend pounds, drink pints and eat fish & chips... Imagine mine and Lo´s excitement when we went into the supermarket and saw all the stuff from home... chewits, curly wurlys, crunchies, horlicks, marmite etc etc... Very exciting!

We walked around the city and went to a pub. The museum was very interesting too- learned all about the history and the war etc.. I really liked it on the Falklands, but I think it would get a bit boring, there are only about 4 pubs and 1 swimming pool, and only 3000 people in total, on all of the islands. I think it would be a great place to live if you like sheep..
Adios
Hayley
xxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

AlbatrossAlbatross
Albatross

Thanks Corey for letting me pinch the picture


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb