Highlands to Islands


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
November 9th 2012
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -0.759999, -90.33

Wake up call was at 4:45 this morning. Luggage had to be outside the room by 5:15. Breakfast was 5:00-6:00 and the bus left at 6:15. We had about a 2 hour and 45 minute bus ride to the airport in Quito where we went through security and then waited in the Tame airlines VIP lounge.

We boarded the plane and took a short 45 minute flight to Guayaquil where we dropped off and picked up some passengers before continuing on to Baltra Island in the Galapagos. After going through security in the Galapagos we boarded a bus that took us to a ferry that took us to Santa Cruz Island where we boarded a bus to Puerto Ayora.

Once we arrived in Puerto Ayora we went to the Charles Darwin Station where we saw Land Tortoises that are being bred as well as protected.

We then had the opportunity to do a little shopping as we walked ten blocks to the pier.

At the pier we boarded Zodiacs (rubber rafts) to the ship.

Once onboard we had a little time to unpack before meeting with our group for a lifeboat drill and briefing of tomorrow's activities. Because we are on an Adventures by Disney trip we get to debark the ship for shore excursions before any other group and we also have the opportunity to have our own activities and briefings.

Then we went to the dining room for dinner. We also get into the dining room before any other guests on the ship. For dinner I had a salad, consommé, sea bass and crème brulee.

Then it was back to the room to try on our wet suits and then go to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb