Soar with the Condors


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Otavalo
November 8th 2012
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 0.233333, -78.2667

After getting up and getting ready today I wandered around the grounds of the hacienda and took photos. Then we had a buffet breakfast before getting on the bus

We went to Parque Condor which is a preserve for birds of prey here in Otovalo. We were taken around the park by the man who founded it with help from the Dutch Government. The park was beautiful and we saw many birds including bald eagles and condors.

After Parque Condor we went to a nearby field where we got to fly kites.

Lunch was at a nice hotel right on a lake called Puerto Lago. I had beef and vegetable empanadas, a fried pork with hominy, avocado, sweet potatoes and plantains all followed by bread pudding.

After lunch we went to Otovalo Market where we got to do some shopping from local people. We also made a stop by the local food market where we saw all kinds of interesting goods being sold. We were also given assignment to purchase a white elephant gift to exchange once we are on the ship.

Then back to the hotel for a painting craft, a little break and then a cooking class. We learned to make empanadas and ice cream.

We then had a bar-b-que dinner of steak, sausages, pork ,vegetables and cuy (guinea pig). During dinner the power went out so we all made our way back to our rooms in the dark, lit candles and packed in the dark.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb