Chillin in Guayaquil


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Guayaquil
November 7th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a fun weekend partying with our new friends from Guayaquil in Montañita, we decided to take up their offer to show us around their city. We left Montañita by a 15 seater van with a couple of friends from Columbia and from Spain and arrived in sunny Guayaquil in time for dinner time. Guayaquil is Ecuador’s biggest city, and is much quicker and crazier than Quito. That first night we indulged in some McDonalds, the first time in weeks that we saw one. They put guacamole in their McPollo’s, but it still tasted like the garbage at home. That was enough to hold of off for a few weeks.

That first night our friends from Guayaquil took us out to the Malecon, a really long seawalk that goes along the bay. It was really nice and beautiful, with a gentle breeze that cooled the warm night air. Karla invited us to stay at her home with her mom, very good people who made us feel at home. Karla’s mom took care of us and made us food everyday, and even took us out the next day to the mall. We took a local bus, very sketchy and old but gave us the experience of a local. The malls we went to were both modern and just like home, somewhat comforting but disappointing at the same time. That night we climbed up 450 steps to a viewpoint overlooking Guayaquil. It was a beautiful view, and gave us a better perspective of how big guayaquil actually is.

The next day we said our goodbye’s and boarded a 8 hour night bus to Vilcabamba.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

GuayaquilGuayaquil
Guayaquil

We had a good laugh at all the taxis in quayaquil...all their license plates began with GAY. hahahaha


21st November 2006

nice city
Thats not all they put in their Mcpollos, if it is pollo lol.
1st December 2006

Wow ! I can't wait for you to tell me all about this when you have the chance!! .. I wanna know about the monkey, the shamans, the stuff you snorted up your nose ( medicine - local), the paragliding, that huge beer, .. I want to know it all !!!!!! ... Andrea B

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb