Columbia Refugee School for Children - Feb 13 & 20, 2014


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
February 23rd 2014
Published: February 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

As mentioned in the last blog, we are going to this school and trying to teach the children some English. The class that Debi and I and a couple of others go to are age 3 to 5.

The first time we went (2/13/14) I took out my camera and took one shot and got the message - Battery Exhausted. So I didn't get any pictures of the kids with the balloons we made. But I have received some from a woman that came with us.

So I made sure that the battery was fully charge the next day.

The following week before we went I downloaded a bunch of pictures of animals (cow, horse, turtle, teddy bear, dog) and made about ten copies of each for the kids to color. Debi and I would take a small group of kids at their tables, tell them what the pictures was in both English and Spanish, write the English word at the bottom, then give them to picture to color. After a few minutes we would go to them and tell them, as best we could in Spanish what a good job they were doing, and write their names at the top of the page.

We are so thankful that each child has their names printed on the backs of their chairs. We are able to ask them what their names are, but they are so shy that they either don't answer, or they say it so softly that we can't hear or understand them.

What a blessing the Lord has given us to be able to spend some time with these precious children.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb