Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
June 30th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived to this beautiful country of Ecuador on Wednesday night to the airport of Quito, situated right in the middle of the city, squeezed in betwen all the houses. According to some locals, the planes crash into the houses every once in a while :o) I checked in at a youth hostel in El Mariscal quarter. Thursday I woke up ealy, ready for adventure!
There were tons of nice people in the breakfast room, so I hooked up with a French guy (what would I do without the Frenchies?!?!) to go sightseing. We decided to take the lift "El TelfériQo" up to one of the surrounding volcanos - Volcàn Pichincha to get a nice view of the city. The view was inded excellent, on the other side of the very narrow but long city there were thre snow covered peaks, two off them old volcanos. We decided to try one of the paths that led up the mountain. The wiev was even greater, and we spoke to two locals who told us that we were at 4700 m above the sea level! No wonder we wer lightheaded!!!
Now, after a swirling salsa lesson with Rrrrroberto (who could have imagined that salsa was so much fun?!?!) I am getting ready to go voluntering in the cloud forest (la foret des nuages, molnregnskog) in the middle of nowhere (no Internet connection) for three weks. Hasta luego!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb