Day 82 - Chicken Strips and Wax Strips


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
June 12th 2010
Published: July 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Enjoying a DrinkEnjoying a DrinkEnjoying a Drink

But not enjoying the appalling England match!
We wondered back into the new town today with an initial task of changing travellers’ cheques... definitely not an easy task on a Saturday. Apparently in Quito the town seems to pretty much shut up shop at the weekends... literally! All the banks were shut but we managed to find a money exchange, Vaxcorp, next to the police station with a better commission rate than the last bank we used. They did however close up while we were in there!

We wondered by the new towns church and strolled through the markets and art stalls which set up for the weekend around the Park. Resisting temptation to buy Galapagos souvenirs before we had even been, we headed off to KFC to satisfy Sophie's new craving, chicken strip burger. Luckily for me, there was a TV (they have them everywhere here) showing the England USA match build up, I got to see Gerrard’s goal but then had to head off so Soph could get a wax!! Missing the England game for a wax! luckily it didn't take long and we compromised on a cocktail bar with TV for me... beers in the sun with the match. The only disappointing bit, the result!

The rest of the afternoon was spent taking advantage of the sun in the park.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.3kb