17-18th Return to Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito » Historical Center
June 17th 2010
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Landed back at Quito with no Antonio waiting for us so had to get an
airport taxi which was the same price but had to direct the bloody
taxi driver where to go.

Decided not to stay at The Secret Garden as it was quite noisy on a
night and abit pricey so stayed over the road at a hostel called
Guayanga.

We agreed we needed a day off after the intensive Galapagos so decided
to stay an extra night in Quito and chill and watch the England game.
That was until Hollie found where Mango was in a big mall just outside
the new town.

We signed in at the hostel got some crisps and set ourselves 2 tasks;
to sort our pictures out online and offline (memory card or USB pen)
and look into Cotopaxi an active volcano everyone we met had ranted
and raved about.

We got 2 computers at an Internet cafe about 4 blocks from our hostel
and sorted our pictures out, spoke to mother and sister and kept up-to-date with what was going on in the world (which meant reading the
latest boxing news and seeing if Boro had made any transfers.

After that we went back to the hostel where we had a Burrito between
us a couple of beers and watched Have you heard about the Morgans? Was a typical Hugh Grant film but was nice to just chill out and watch a film.

I woke up the next morning expecting to have a very lazy day of maybe a stroll somewhere then get something to eat and have a quiet night. Well it didn’t quite go like that we got up had some breakfast at the Hostel which was quite nice and headed over the road to CarpeDM to book a trip to Cotopaxi as everyone we had spoke to in Quito had been and loved it). They told us to come back later and see if they could get us a trip from outside our hostel, so we decided (well Hollie did) to head to New Town and have another look for this big mall we couldn’t find before the Galapagos trip.

This time we kind of knew where it was because we had seen an advert for TGI´s and figured that has to be in the mall. We got 2 wrong buses that kind of took us in the right direction and after a 1 ½ walk and only 10 minutes to the England game we found the mall. Took us ages to find TGI´s which was the only place that was showing the England game but was spot on having a beer and double cheeseburger while watching the game, even if the England game was another disappointment.

After the England game we had a mooch around the mall looking at stuff we couldn’t afford, apart from the BEST bar of chocolate in the world which I got from a little shop in the mall (cost me $4.50) then scored an ice cream at Baskin Robbins which was sweet and headed back to old town. We got back easily as I now know Quito like the back of my hand and we headed to the internet café at the bottom of the road to stick all our pictures of Galapagos online and save them online too. This took 4 hours to upload them all because of the internet connection in Quito but at least it meant I could catch up with my blog.

After that we headed to bed ready for our mountain expedition in the morning.

Muchos Love

Brown


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb