Otavalo y Peguche


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Otavalo
October 8th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Maria Jose, Miriam, Giovana and myself, decided to go to Otavalo and Peguche. (Small towns like 2-3 hours from Quito). Honestly, I wanted to do some serious shopping in Otavalo, because it is known all around the world for the its Indian Market. Its huge. With all sorts of goodies, but you can get the same shit in Quito for cheaper. There are a lot of Indigenous people in Otavalo, and I swear to god, from what ive seen, they live like it was a hundred years ago or something. Its amazing to see. Anywho we went to Peguche first, its a small town a little further away from Otavalo. It has a beautiful Waterfall, some Indigenous people think it cleanse you of bad vibes and spirits if you go swimming in it. So its pretty cool. Me gusta! It was really beautiful. Before that we got some food at this really sketchy restaurant, ok i dont think i can call it a restaurant, it was a room with big pots of unidentified food and the lady was serving the food with her hands. Can you say sketchy? But yeah it turns out it was fritada, so we ate some, and i didnt get sick, so that was pretty sweet. After that we hiked in the park and up some mountains and a lot of steps. When we finally got up to the Waterfall, Miriam and Maria Jose were like primed to get cleansed, but me and Giovana stayed there with Rosi (Maria Joses dog). So after we lost Miriam and Maria Jose, me and Giovana decided to go look for them ...by short cuts... so i was wearing flip flops, and yeah.. they broke. But we finally decided to go back to Maria Joses car to wait for them, i was bare foot, well at least i had one sandal. After when they found us at the car, we headed to Otavalo, got some food and shopped a bit. Maria Jose found me some too small flip flops for 99 cents. Woo, Score. And then we headed back home. So very good day trip to Otavalo and Peguche.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

FritadaFritada
Fritada

Yes, I ate that.
Cascade de PegucheCascade de Peguche
Cascade de Peguche

Some Indigenous people think that if you go swimming in this Waterfall, that it will cleanse you of all bad vibes. Miriam and Maria Jose went. Miriam did get some good luck, but yeah she got sick. So worth it ? I dont know!


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb