cotacachi & otvalo


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Cotacachi
March 16th 2011
Published: March 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another great day spent in Otavalo area.
We went to Hacienda Cusin in the morning for horseback riding and an amazing lunch. The Imbaburra volcano was in the background. The country is dotted with gorgeous old haciendas, quite a few of which are run as hotels and restaurants. It was a little too fancy and white linen for us so we asked to sit out on the terrace where we were very comfortable. Fantastic lunch! I've never seen a soup tureen used. All the food was like art, beautiful & colorful, not to mention delicious. We managed to skirt the rain during our outing but as we waited for a driver the downpour started..... and ended about 30 minutes later.....just as we arrived in Cotacachi.

Cotacachi is filled with store after store selling leather goods. I was picturing thick cowboy leather like all western things and saddles but only a few are cowboy leather goods. Mostly it's gorgeous boots, purses, and coats made with the softest colorful leather. I can see why all the women in Quito are wearing tall boots and carrying gorgeous bags...they have Cotacachi nearby. We didn't arrive here til 3pm so we only had a short while. We only made it through one tenth of the stores and were overwhelmed. Bought 4 purses and some belts and tried on lots of coats but stopped there.

Ok now I realise we should have planned this area for the end of the trip not the beginning because now we have another suitcase full things to bring with us everywhere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th March 2011

Las Vegas
I thought you would have learned from someone who carried a 6 pack of cola around . The pic's look great . Looking forward to seeing more . See you later . Curt & Dar
16th March 2011

Looks awesome. You know you're gonna have to ditch those hats after you leave though, right? Cute in Ecuador... Keep the pictures coming. WATCH OUT FOR THE VOLCANO!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb