Another Rough Day


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Santa Cruz Island
February 7th 2009
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Life has become so challenging here. We wake up every day and have major decisions to make, it´s a lot of pressure. Surfing and hiking vs. snorkeling or sunbathing, what type of beer to order, plantains or yucca. It´s so hard. Somehow we are managing all this. Today we found our way to a pristine white sand beach with swimming iguanas and pretty fishies, then continued on across a desert landscape through a red swampy salt mine to a crevice in the earth filled with a mix of ocean water and fresh water, crystalline blue, and more pretty fishies in a rainbow assortment. I discovered, along with two other dudes, the fun of pacticing my climbing skills up the cliffs of the wall, then swan diving back in, repeating. The locals love us so far, and we love them. We have been given a free boat ride when we got a little ¨off track¨, some free cervesas, and some friendly banter. Tomorrow we have decided to run away to the next island over and chase penguins, tortoises, and climb volcanoes. Oh, and hopefully sqeezing in a morning surf session prior to takeoff. We´ll keep you posted. I have looked at the computer and tried to figure out how to get my pictures out of my camera, through the wire thing, and into the computer to post on my blog but to no avail. Sorry.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb