Galapagos day 3


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Floreana Island
November 13th 2012
Published: November 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 3
We sailed overnight and stopped in Floreana and went for a morning walk on the beach. We were welcomed by the sealions although the male sealion seemed a bit aggressive as we went near his cubs. Onwards to the far beach and we saw turtles swimming and mating in the surf, it takes 3 hours I was impressed! Then sharks appeared and stingrays close to the shore line and many bright orange crabs crawling over the lava rocks. We then returned to the boat to get changed in to wetsuits, I dipped out as I was still suffering from yesterday's fall, and the sea was a bit rough. Steve set off and I read. When he came back he was so happy, they had swam with the baby sealions and I felt miffed that I had wimped out. After lunch we went to yet another beach and saw yet more turtles hard at it. We were told of the post box where people send postcards by others collecting them and delivering them in person. We took 3 cards to deliver in the UK and posted 3 cards one to each Mum and Zoe and Michael, you may get them one day! We then walked to an underground cave and climbed down. It was pitch black, we turned off the torches to try to get used to the dark. The cave was made by lava and connected to the sea as the bottom was wet and as we walked along it got deeper. Our guide took this as a photo opportunity, we think he wants to make photographer of the year, we all had to make shapes with our torch lights then shine them on our face, we are promised copies of the photos. The weather had changed and it began to get colder, difficult to imagine as we were nearly on the equator, still the jumpers came in handy. Back to the boat after another eventful day in the Galapogas.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0918s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb