Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
November 16th 2012
Published: November 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What a change in temperature it's so warm here. Sorted out a taxi and arrived at our apartment, not bad a bit different to the Hilton. Decided to go out for an evening meal with Barry one of our fellow travellers from the Galapagos and took a really nice evening walk through one of the central parks to Bella Vista. Santiago seems to be full of young people out in the evenings eating and drinking, apparently it has changed significantly in the last five years due to globalisation. After a wonderful meal of lamb shank washed down by the local beer and a cannabis flavoured variety we made our way back to the apartment via the park again. Plenty of people out jogging at eleven at night, nice temperature as well. Last day here and still great problems with BA and getting our boarding pass so will we get seats together or at the back or over the engines not looking forward to this flight 13 hours! We left the apartment after a delicious breakfast, juice, healthy cereal, fruit, ham and cheese wholemeal rolls and coffee and decided to walk around the area. First we went to the post office, packed everything up then 1 item had to be removed because you can't send some things through the post. Still we were impressed how helpful everyone was, even sealing up the parcel with tape for us. We then walked to St. Lucia hill and stopped for a picnic lunch. It was such a beautiful day and you can see the mountains which were not clear before. We then returned to the apartment although we had checked out they let us use the swimming pool and terrace so we swam and chilled out then showered and went for a last evening meal before getting the taxi to the airport. Seats together but row 24 so near the back oh well nothing to do but sit back and try to enjoy the ride! NZ here we come. This airport is brilliant, shops right by departures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb