The Jungles of Tena - Day 4


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » East » Tena
August 8th 2012
Published: August 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 22 : The jungles of Tena Day 4:

Since I got to bed a bit later last night, and read for a while, I didn't get up until almost 6:30am. Of course, Manoli was there ahead of me. Same routine as yesterday, coffee, breakfast, bathroom, and off in the boats. This morning's breakfast was pancakes with syrup, scrambled eggs, and fruit. We only had a few houses to visit between us all, so we knew it would be a shorter day. Our first house a few little ones, so one little girl and I chased baby chickens. The hike to the next house was a looong trek thru the jungle. This house had a few older kids, so after introductions, candy and rubber band bracelets, we went out to play frisbee. We ended up leaving the frisbee with the older girl. Both the houses had hammocks which Paul and I took advantage of, Paul more than I since he actually fell asleep at one point. We went looking for a third house, but one of the other teams was already there, so we waited for them a bit, then headed towards the river to eat a late lunch before returning to the lodge.

Another group was waiting at the river when we got there to eat, so we grabbed a couple of benches from the boat and eat lunch in the jungle in the shade. Not long after lunch, most of the groups were done, so we loaded up the boats and started heading back to the lodge. Along the way, the last group had made a walkie talkie call for Dr. Stephanie to come help, so we dropped her off along the way. It turned out a man was in pretty bad shape, so both our doctors helped transport him to the hospital in Tena.

Dinner tonight was hot dogs and hamburgers, with lettuce and tomato. Not bad, and a real change from our usual. After dinner and showers, we had a long devotional and I ended up hitting the hay just before 11pm. Tomorrow we hope to go to the Anaconda Island community center and more or less enjoy the day talking and playing games, and having lunch with them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb