Big Thursday


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre
July 17th 2009
Published: July 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a big Thursday in Guaranda! Breakfast was a bit of a challenge since our eating place that opened supposedly at 7am did not unlock the doors until 7:15 and the cooks arrived around 7:30. We started our work by speaking in 3 classes in a school where Hermes is an instructor. We added 25 students and one instructor to our big family as the result of our time in class! Then we were off to go thru the Marcopamba neighborhood handing out invitations to a block party for kids. Then off to a couple of scenic views of the city and a brief museum tour. A late lunch of chicken reenergized the group for a high energy block party in the brilliant Ecuadorian sun. We played games, had a puppet show, and told the story. About 26 children were added along with one mom who had listened intently! Our evening was rather eventful with great pizza dinner that was punctuated by a girl getting run over by a car outside the pizzaria - we think she will be ok. Capping the evening was a meeting of 100 plus in a community center. We played games, gave testimonies, and passed out Bibles to parents. One of the highlights was the guest appearance of a purple dino named...yes..that´s right...Barney is universal. We had a super day. Tomorrow we head for another area of Guaranda to do the same!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb