laguna quilitoa


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Quilotoa
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

went west from latacunga a couple of hours by bus and stayed in quilitoa for a couple of days. hiked down to the crater lake (and back...back is the 1200 ft of gain) one day and hiked around the periphery of the crater the next day, which was a roller coaster ride of ups and downs that took about six hours. got up early for a bus that was supposed to stop in front of the hostal at 5 a.m. and confirmed with several people that it was the correct time and place...then waiting in the dark me and two newlyweds from canada watched the bus go by on the adjacent road and not come by where we´d confirmed it was to stop to pick up passengers. oh well, a pickup truck took us later that morning to the next town some 15 kms away where we caught a bus back to latacunga. today i took bus six hours south to cuenca where i´ll be for the next several days, going to do one or more tours of caja nature preserve, as well as some laundry and blog updating (in process). below are some photos of quilitoa crater lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb