Chicken Run


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
November 4th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at our campsite just outside Baños last night at 10.30 after yet another puncture en route. And possibly the most bizarre border crossing - you have to drive about 20 miles into Ecuador before they bother to stamp you into the country.

This morning, Team Peache were out in force (well Steve, Lynette and myself were) for a spot of white water rafting. These were grade 3-4 rapids and better than the rafting we did in Salta. It was made especially good because we managed to catch a chicken on the way which was stuck on the riverbank. Afterwards we had a 'delicious' lunch consisting of chicken feet soup. Yum.

Because we were late back from the rafting I managed to miss the food shop, thus leaving it all up to Ross. However, he surprisngly managed to come back with pretty much exactly what I told him to get, and we set to cooking bangers and mash (and veggie burgers for the awkward people) with gusto.

Dinner was made more interesting by Judy, Lynette and Kasia somehow contriving to get absolutely wasted in about 10 minutes flat. As a result, Judy was in bed at about half 9 after we had a bit of a row, Kasia followed shortly after and Lynette had us playing stupid games until half 1. Still, at least she showed a bit of stamina.

Advertisement



17th November 2007

you say grade 3-4 rapids but is that out of 5 or 100 as this would make a difference on how impressed i am !!!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb