Colombian coffee... mmmm


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
June 18th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Coffee BeansCoffee BeansCoffee Beans

Pre Roasted!!!
We arrived at the capital city of Colombia, Bogota on a Saturday, well timed for a party!
We went out clubbing til the morning, with the Colombians, at renaissance, I was in awe of all the beautiful people, very very beautiful.
Bogota was a nice city, but it really didn't stop raining while we were there, and it was quite chilly. We were glad to leave for sunnier climes, to the city of Medellin.

We arrived at our hostel in Medellin, and were surprised to see we were the only girls in a hostel full of guys, also surprised to find out that most had been there for weeks, just chilling out apparently.. but as soon as we stepped out into the city the reason became clear.... Boobs! all the girls have amazing boobs, but with a cosmetic surgeon on every corner of every street and really cheap enhancements on offer too! The city itself is really nice and the people sooo friendly, especially when they find out we are not from the US!

We then went to Periera to stay on a coffee farm. It was a really great experience.. chilled out amongst the coffee, we stayed on finca maria, we had a swimming pool, horses and a lake, we got to see how its farmed. Also for the first time in 7 months.. we had separate rooms, but we could talk to each other through the walls.

We were worried about coming to Colombia.. after all the frightening stories you hear, but we relaxed as soon as we arrived, it feels very safe.. there are lots of military around to protect us should any trouble break out between the Guerrillas and Paramilitaries.. the trouble is all drugs related.

It is a very western country and easy to travel in.. people are sooo friendly as there aren't that many tourists


Congratulations to Jill & Joost for making baby Malou.. shes beautiful.
And Abi & Nigel on the birth of Maisie... cant wait to meet Las Chicas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Our fincaOur finca
Our finca

Con swimming pool!!


Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 34; qc: 125; dbt: 0.0971s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb