Medellin and it's perfect climate.


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
January 4th 2010
Published: January 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday started off great, the weather in medellin is absolutly perfect, mid 20's every day and only slightly cooler at night. We took the subway to the city centre and wandered around some of the meseums and shops. We snapped some pictures of some of the Botero sculptures donated to the city by Colombia's most famous artist Fernando Botero. As you'll see in the attached photos, Fernando likes his art supersized. Not only is his art visibly stimulating, it's also physically stimulating as he designed it to be touched.

We then toured the botanical gardens, at this point Laura started to feel a little under the weather. We found a shady spot under a large ceiba tree and spent an hour relaxing on the grass. On the subway while heading south, Laura's condition worsened. We quickly abandoned our plans and exited at the next station, Laura did well not to vomit on any of Medellin's commuters however the platform was not spared. We were appoached by security and escorted to the first aid room in the station. Laura was attended to by a nurse and after a bathroom break and some cleaning we decided to head back to our hostel. So far, the Colombian people we've met have been super friendly and extremely helpful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb