Bogota


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
September 5th 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

If im really honest by the time i got to Bogota i was pretty exhausted from the previous week so all i could really think about was sleeping. However, i did manage to explore a bit and what i saw was realy cool. I didnt rate Bogota as highly as Medallin as i feel that Medallin has a more fresh, modern vibe which i personally prefer whereas Bogota seemed a little souless and dull in comparison. Some of the plazas in Bogota were really beautiful and some of the older buildings were pretty cool but i feel like Medallin and Cartagena had the edge in terms of amazing architecture and a more vibrant atmosphere. Bogota reminded me a not of central London. I went to the Museo De Oro which was really interesting. There are literally hundreds of pieces of gold from Columbia´s history, some of them were stunning and it was amazing to read about the legends of the shamans and Inca´s. I didnt realise how much gold was made in Columbia throughout history. They have a huge range of restaurants in Bogota from chinese, mongolian to turkish and greek. I had one of the nicest morroccan meals there and generally the food is not as expensive as id expected from a capital city. The nightlife wasnt very happening when we went out and we we not sure if this was because it was a Tuesday or because it was low season but we still managed to have a good time and salsa the night away with some of the locals.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb