Bogota - the crack capital of Columbia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
July 17th 2008
Published: August 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post


When we finally arrived in Columbia we were absolutely dead on our feet after the nightmare flight, around the world. We had had a stopover in Atlanta, and then in Venezuela for 8 hours (beautiful first night’s sleep on a burger king bench) before finally arriving in Bogota. We headed to Platypus hostel but had to wait until midday to see if they had any rooms. We wandered around the town centre like zombies for a bit and had a beer or two. When we finally got back to the hostel it turned out they didn’t have any rooms. But, thankfully the woman had a hotel opposite with a spare room. It was a lovely little place and we literally crashed out within 3 minutes. Had the most amazing sleep and woke up in the evening. Thought we’d go out for tea, but as soon as we stepped out onto the street, it was a different world to how it was in the daylight. Seriously thought we were at risk of being shot...so we dived in the first burger bar we saw and had a cultural first meal in South America.
The next day, when we were fully alive again, we went to this little art museum (and I managed to set off the alarms) and saw Monet and Dali paintings. Jones had intestines twice in one day,
Sandra, the little cute woman who owns the hostel recommended us to go up Monserate. She told us not to take a big camera or walk ‘because we’ll most probably get mugged’. So we ended up getting the cable car up and it was a gorgeous view. Went for coffee at this posh little place and this real cute fella started to recommend all these restaurants for that night. After all that we ended up going of pizza, have strawberry juice and being followed by a vagrant.
The next day we got our delayed flight over to Buenos Aires, and we were about ready for a bit more of a backpackery place, after staying in a hotel.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0907s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb