day 11 Chillan - Valparaiso


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region
December 12th 2012
Published: December 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day-11

I don’t know if Joe told you about us staying the night in a random scruffy hotel called: hotel of tourism… well we woke up and tried to get out of the place as soon as possible. We managed to get out and into the car by 9am. But apart from the manky hotel and stuff, that bed I slept in has been the best bed on the trip so far!!!!! It was a nice and big double bed with a soft mattress. Which was nice!

That day was a short day in the car because we made an unexpected stop in Valparaiso, caused by the good reviews from the Lonely planet Chile guide book. It recommended a lovely little place to stay called The yellow house!

To get there we had to drive through Chile’s biggest city and capital, Santiago! Which caused stress and arguing.. well it always does!




So we arrived at Valparaiso with our first sight of the sea! As the hotel is called the yellow house we immediately thought it must be yellow so we began to look for anything yellow. After a while mum screams theres one! Miles up the hill, we went round a bit longer trying to guide ourselves with this huge map that shows only the big roads… ummm no help! Asking random strangers was the most helpful although some just say : go right then keep on that road until a bridge and then it’ll be about 7 blocks and there it is, so not the most helpful.

We eventually got to the yellow house and to our surprise it was the same one that mum saw! On the hill…

Strange but interesting hotel it was ! Hanging by a couple of bricks on the edge of a huge fall down into the bay. The company was friendly and the rooms were okay. I liked the fish in the antique toilet!

Me ,Joe and mum and Nady walked down to the beach. Instead of sand there were rocks and the water felt like it had just melted from having been an iceberg! But the sight of the sea was nice!

Spent the rest of the day in the hotel , oh we also went out to a restaurant! By the time we had finished there it was dark and the waiter asked us if we wanted to call a taxi, of course we said no because the hotel wasn’t far away just a walk up a lonely hill surrounded by slums! She looked puzzled and walked away.. after arriving at the hotel we realized that we had just walked through the most dangerous part of the town at night!!! We survived!!!

Ben


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th December 2012

Phew
Well I'm glad you're all still alive and unharmed! God is really looking after you xx
16th December 2012

Phew
Well I'm glad you're all still alive and unharmed! God is really looking after you xx

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb