Tarmac Honeymoon Tour


Advertisement
Published: October 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tarmac Tour 2016
This years Tarmac Tour of Northern Chile and Argentina is about to kick off.
We have four intrepid riders all on Harley Davidson motorcycles.
Last year while we were on the Klondike Loop through Canada and Alaska, Radar (who also goes as Gavin or Kevin) proposed to Nikki (also known as Vicki) at our overnight stay at Wiseman. This was witnessed by Pete (alias Pistol Pete) and his lovely wife Julie (also known as Jules) along with Gerardo (GOM to those close to him)
Well, in August this year Radar and Nikki snuck off to Las Vegas to get married so Raewyn (alias Bones) and I (also known as Rosco) gate crashed the wedding there and now we join them on their Honeymoon!!! So let the fun begin......
Jules enjoyed being on the back with Pete, but longed to ride her own bike, so when they got back to New Zealand, she set about to find a Harley Sportster for herself so she could join us on this Honeymoon Tour, this will be her first BIG ride.
Radar,Nikki and Pete are all riding Harley Softails, while Gerardo and I will be on our BMW's with bones riding 'Shotgun'
Travel takes its tollTravel takes its tollTravel takes its toll

Radar and Nikki catching 40 winks
with me.
As we offer an option to go to Machu Picchu as an add on to this tour, the 4 Harley Amigos took up that option and met Gerardo and us at the airport hotel on Sunday night so we could start the release of the bikes from Customs early on Monday morning.
We were keen to book into the San Martin hotel again on the waterfront in Vina del Mar, but unfortunately that hotel has been sold and is being refurbished so we went back to re book into the old Ankara Hotel, well, bugger me, if that hasn't been sold also and at this point it is in transition to the new owners so they would not take any bookings this week!!! bugger again, so now we have booked into a nice old hotel by the Plaza on old Vina del Mar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Pizza night. Pizza night.
Pizza night.

Pete and Julie enjoyed their first Chilean pizzas.
The bloody plastic bag sagaThe bloody plastic bag saga
The bloody plastic bag saga

This wind blown plasticky bag wedged itself so tightly it was such a bitch to get out.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb