How do we begin...


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey there folks, well following our last blog from San Pedro in northern Chile after our triumphant return from Bolivia we promised that we would blog just a few days later with some amazing photos of our time there and the 4 day tour that we took from Uyuni back into Chile where we saw the worlds biggest and most dazzling salt flats, flamingos, smoking volcanos, steaming geysers and high altitude coloured lakes where we reached over 5100 meters altitude and slept under a tin roof at more than minus 15 degrees!

Overall, we had so much to tell and more importantly show you with the amazing photos that we took on the trip. However, that is where our luck ran out as we were propmtly robbed while on board a bus from San Pedro and heading down to La Serena and were releived of our camera and two full memory cards of photos amongst other things too!

Luckily the police in La Serena were really good and with their limited English and our limited Spanish we were able to get all of the reports needed to claim on our insurance. But needless to say we have no photos of our amazing time in the incredible Bolivian landscapes and very few photos to date! Since the robbery (where incidentally, we were set upon by at least 20 armed thugs and fended them off with nothing but a peanut butter sandwich and an empty tube of Pringles) we spent some time in La Serena and then moved on to the town of Valparaiso, which is famous for its colourful buildings perched on the edge of the cliffs leading down to the sea. After all of our travel and activities over the previous couple of months it was nice to take time to relax before getting back to Santiago and heading up to Cusco (Peru) via Lima.

So, after all of this and several small dramas inbetween, we reached Cusco where we are now, and inless than ten days time will be taking on the mighty Inca Trail and will no doubt have some far more interesting stories to tell and photos to show! Stay tuned for the next installment and possibly one of the last in south America before we head to the bright lights and sunny skies of Los Angeles and Las Vegas!

We hope that you are all keeping well and enjoying the start of summer!

Stay in touch and speak again soon,
Ally and Alice xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb