HAPPY NEW YEARS


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region » Valparaíso
January 5th 2007
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post


FELIZ ANO NUEVO!

Valparaiso proved to be just to our taste. We were fortunate enough to jack up a surf with
the owner of the hostel in the chilly Chilean coast. The waves were suprising big and dangerous and my mind is cast back to getting dominated at Piha last summer.
The nightlife in Valparaiso and neighbouring Vina Del Mar was sensational. We went out to 5am on the 29th, 9am on 30th and some how i managed to hook up with the only other blonde in Chile. Our body clocks were now set for party mode - perfect for New Years.

We got hooked up with tickets (thru local knowledge) to a party at the port for New Years. It was basically a 150m bar on a pier (cranes included). Best thing was drinks were free. Imagine that in Auckland!
The countdown was on and at 12 we witnessed the most surreal display of fireworks.
7 different displays were simultaneously lit along the bay. The show lasted 25minutes and apparently broke the record for the biggest fireworks display ever or so people proclaimed. It was massive so i would not be suprised. The best thing was i
Fire works Fire works Fire works

25mins of fireworks Boyz with our Brazilian mate for the night
did not get burnt.
It put everyone in a great mood for the night and the party was bouncing with a DJ playing one way and an array of vibrant South American music playing the other.
The party filled up to 6,000 people. Leon and I lost each other around 130 (didnt take long) but we both managed to amuse ourselves for the rest of the night. Lucky for me i had no trouble finding dancing partners.
The night was like a dream and somehow it became light and i found myself dancing with a pair of sisters. I think this is a good reflection of how my night went.
At close, I began the walk home (about 8am). However, i was intercepted by several Chilean guys. Before i knew it i was off the beaten track drinking beer and eating Empanadas with singing Chileans. It was 10am but there was no way they were slowing down in their celebrations. Go George, Francisco, Jose and the boys. Cheers for showing me how it is done!
I got home around mid day. Only slightly enebriated. Getting home at mid day is right up there as my biggest night ever.

I
Great Beach & BeechesGreat Beach & BeechesGreat Beach & Beeches

Denisse and sister at Renaca beach. Soaking up some much needed rays after no sand since Hawaii.
spent the 1st hanging out with my sister friends at their apartment in a neighbouring beach. Perfect night except I got a taxi home at aound 3. Got ripped off hard by an ex army driver. If you are reading this mate, F#ck you i could take you. Youre a has been. Give me back my f#cking money robi (theif in Spanish).
Leon was off doing his own thing. He had met a girl from Santiago and so things were working out ok for both of us with mingling with the local wildlife.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

RenacaRenaca
Renaca

Surf was gnarled rrrrraa


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb