Arrival and City Tour


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
February 13th 2017
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.4691, -70.642

February 13
We had a long uneventful flight. Just so tiring but was worth extra money to upgrade. Arrived in Santiago right on schedule. Customs wasn't bad but then I got ushered through the handicapped section. Took bus to hotel got signed in and had a chance for a short rest then grabbed a bite to eat. Already drank water at hotel. Just habit when I took my meds. So heres to hoping that it was well purified. Will try and do better until we get on the ship.

It us beautifully warm and sunny. Lots of haze and about 80. Boarded a bus after a lunch for a 3 hour city tour. Saw downtown presidential palace where president works. The country does not provide living quarters. Plaza de Armas - Santiago's main square, Constitution square.

Santiago is a sprawling city with a narrow river wandering through it. Modern Santiago is growing to the east. There are lots of parks with large area set aide for walking, riding, and playing. San Cristobal is at the summit of San Cristobal Hill in Santiago's Metropolitan Park with great views of the city and its mountains. At the top is a gleaming statue of the Virgen de la Immaculada. She protects the city.

The hotel is very nice but service lacks in a lot of areas. Here is the view from out window

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb