Wine country tour


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
February 14th 2017
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.4691, -70.642

Chile is increasingly famous for its wines. So today we have a wine tour Concha y Toro which is one of the largest wineries in chili and maybe even the world. This region is for red wines and over the coast is for the white wines. Chile is border on both sides by mountains (Andes on the east and coastal mountain range on the west. The Maipo River Valley is home to many wineries known for their red wines elaborate estate. The Casablanca valley is the one between Santiago and Valparaiso.

The ride out there was okay and not very scenic. There is some very poor regions here. We toured winery which was nice. Bought two bottles to,take on board the ship. The Chardonnay was not good. We will see about the rest.

We were taken to a local restaurant for lunch. We stared ours with a cheese empanadas which was fantastic attic along with the local drink made from pisco( a local alcohol), egg whites and lemon, sugar. I loved it others not so much. We had a tomato soup that was okay but the beef was delicious. Reminded me of our typical pot roast with a different kind of seasoning. The biggest disappointment was the canned fruit cocktail for dessert. Definitely not a typical South American dessert.

Then back to,the hotel. Spent afternoon relaxing and then dinner in local bar. Tomorrow we are off to the ship Valparaiso

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb