Chillin in Chile!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
July 31st 2006
Published: August 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The City of Santiago...The City of Santiago...The City of Santiago...

View of the Andes surrounding the city, check out that smog...
Sa wat dee from Thailand...

How are you all doing? So finally have our feet in the one spot for a few days to jump in for a bit of a blog update.

The last we left you I think we where in NZ covering our Argentina leg, its fairly surreal to be sitting here in Thailand, in damp swimming trunks, 90 degrees, overlooking the Gulf of Thailand recounting our snowy adventures through Chile.

It seems like months ago now, but it was only actually 2 - 3 weeks ago... We have been moving, since Chile we did a run through NZ, Sydney, Bangkok and are now on an Island called Koh Tao kicking back enjoying the sun, and its a scorcher today!

After dragging ourselves off the vineyards in Mendoza, we headed for a few nights in Santiago Chile, a lovely city nestled beneath the towering mountains of the Andes.

A very nice city with an almost studenty feel about it. We didnt get up to a whole lot there, just really hung out in the city, did a bit a shopping and took in the culture. One of the highlights for me was finding a proper Indian restaurant, it was fantastic, forgotten how long it had been since we had a good curry, what a treat and a welcome break from 2 lbs of steak every day, cant believe Im saying that !

Anyway, we where in the depths of the Chilean winter at this point so headed up to the slopes on one of the days, great conditions, lots of nice powder and some great runs, its good boarding up there and a great bonus to get some time in on the slopes during our summer months.

We where having lunch up there at Valle Nevada and who sits next to us but Montel Williams the american talkshow host (For those in the UK who've not heard of him, a bit like Opera but less hair!), how funny had a little chat with him, nice fella, down there doing some heli boarding...

What else did we do down there Rox? Saw Pirates of the Caribean 2, great family entertainment... Oh yes we're living on the edge out here!

That was really it for Chile, it was just a quick 3 night stop, but yes nice place...

So onto the next stop which was NZ, beautiful place, be back with more on that soon...

Hope your all doing well and enjoying your summers here there and everywhere.

Take care, laaeo phohp gan mai,
John and Rox






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Rox in a curry coma.Rox in a curry coma.
Rox in a curry coma.

and still sporting her bindy. It was a great curry!!!


23rd August 2006

Montel
Kinda funny-I was at Montel Williams 50th birthday party last month here in the city! My good friend works for him. He got up on stage and sang about 8 songs, proclaiming "It's my party and i'll sing if I want to" and cleared the place out. Hysterical. Anyways, your pictures are amazing and I am living viacriously through you guys! Happy travels... Andrea

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb