New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
August 5th 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Route through NZ

Starting at Queenstown in the south we headed up the south west coast, over the southern Alpes to Christchurch in the south east, up to Wellington in the south of the North Island and then up to Auckland.

Hello out there, hope all is well... John and Rox here in hot hot Ko Samui Thailand.

Can you believe its September 1st already. We've been going for 10 weeks this Monday and have just 12 days left before we get back to the UK, doesnt time fly !

Havent been in touch for a while so thought Id take a few mintutes to get a blog out. Today is actually our friends Anna and Andy's wedding here in Ko Samui so we've had a quite a hectic action packed few days revelling with them and their family and friends who are over for the wedding, lots of fun!

The our next blog update is on our trip through New Zealand at the beginning of August, probably the most beautiful country weve been too in terms of landscape, it's absolutely stunning, hopefully the photos will relay this and there's a lot of them so I'll try and keep the writing to a minimum.

We kicked our NZ trip off in Queenstown down in the south Island where we where meeting up with our freingd Andy who we met a few weeks earlier in the Galapagus... So we
Our greeting party in NZ...Our greeting party in NZ...Our greeting party in NZ...

The truck Andy turned up in, his mate Colins, and thats his dog Rolo in the back... The size of a large bear!
arrived at the airport and there he was to greet, what a legend. Within half an hour of getting off the plane we where on a hike in the stunning mountains around Queenstown.

We spent 4 nights with Andy and crew in Queestown, and what fun we had, the town is crazy, full of pepsimax activities, pretty much anything you could think of doing sky diving, bungee jumping, paragliding, it was brilliant. Unfortunately the day we decided to go out for a paraglide the rain came in so didnt get to that this time round.

The highlight of QT probably just hanging out with Andy and his mates in the town, had some great meals out and an excellent night out on the Saturday we arrived, lots of fun down there.

From Queenstown we went to Wanaka Treble Cone for some snowboarding, another great range there, with the strangest Alpine parrots, they where like parrots youd see in the tropical jungle, not on a snowy mountain top, amazing...

We left Andy in Wanaka after a night at a local cinema filled with couches, it was great, except both myself and Roxy fell asleep and starting snoring
On our first day Hike in Queestown.On our first day Hike in Queestown.On our first day Hike in Queestown.

Half an hour off the plane and we where up in the hills of Queenstown on a 2 hour Hike... Beauty!
our heads off in the middle of the cinema, shocker... Cheers again Andy !

After Wanaka we went up the West coast of the south Island to hike the Fox Glacier which was spectacular and then onto a town called Greymouth wher we took a train over the southern Alpes to Christchurch on the East coast. From there we took another train and then a ferry over to Wellington in the North Island and then onto Auckland at the top of the north Island...

And that in short was our trip through NZ, gorgeous place would love to see it in the Summer one day...

I hope this finds you all well and you have enjoyed your summers, bit of a hot one this year... Got to dash, theres a wedding on the beach Ive got to get to...

Take care and all the best, John and Roxy


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



1st September 2006

Quality drinks catch up in continent number 2...
John / Roxy.. fantastic blog and cheers for the mention and needless to say, fabulous to see you guys in queenstown... Looking forward to a catch up in continent number 3 before too long ... and I don't take full blame too much for bad influence... Mr Kennedy manages that pretty well by himself .... top time / sports and partying .. enjoy Thailand and see you in blighty xxx

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb