Ministry Training Week


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
April 18th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

MovingMovingMoving

Thought I was going to have to wear the snow boots cause I couldn't fit them back in the suitcase.
So, so much has gone on since I last got on here. I will start with the week of Ministry training. We moved from our comfortable hostel in the centro to a youth hostel in Barrio Brazil. We were hesitant because we didn't know who these other Ministry volunteers would be or what they would be like and I am happy to say, they were awesome! We just added to our family here in Chile and spent many nights (often til 2 or 3 am) in the courtyard of the hostel talking, sharing stories, and laughing a lot! So many characters. We were sad when we had to leave because we only had one week to get to know these people and some of them are being placed all the way in the southern tip of Patagonia so we won't be seeing them again until November most likely.

The WorldTeach crew had a final group dinner at Las Vacas Gordas and it was great. There is a reason when you visit big, international cities you never see a Chilean restaurant but this place far surpassed the regular fare. We are all excited to start our new adventures where ever they may be but are glad to have the support of our fellow volunteers. No matter where I decide to travel in this country there will be a volunteer close by to visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

TrainingTraining
Training

Packed in like sardines!
New FriendsNew Friends
New Friends

Kevin, from San Francisco by way of Japan. Jeffery from NYC by way of the Dominican Republic
Yikes!Yikes!
Yikes!

This is what happens when 6 women share a room with a year's worth of clothes each!


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb