Santiago de Chile!!!!!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
August 11th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Flew in last night to Santiago, Chile from Caracas...such a difference. Huge city and a little chilly, pardon the pun. It´s in the low 50´s and everyone is dressed like winter in New York.
After getting in from the airport, we had the official taxi service (more reliable and economical) take us to a hotel near the center. It was 6 in the morning here. red-eye wasted us. So, we slept until about 11 and came out to check out the city. In the Plaza de Armas, we saw a group of people in a circle around a man talking and making jokes. He saw us and called at us, made some fun...said he knew english, threw the pelvic thrust our way and yelled ¨Ingles!!!!¨. So we laughed at ourselves and continued. Now, dad´s taking photos of the colonial style architecture, people, and just the interesting place that is Santiago de Chile.
By the way, dad was craving sushi...so we had sushi at the airport in Caracas...it might not have been great, but it was amazing!! ¿me entiendes? the only asian food in Venezuela was at the airport. what?
Had to buy new toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, and q-tips...soap is next...why? because, undoubtedly, a Caracas airport employee decided they needed it more than I do. I open my bag at arrival in Santiago´s airport y no hay toiletry bag. So that´s why everyone wraps their bags in saran wrap ten times over when traveling in Venezuela. It´s even an established business - 20 Bolivares Fuertes (about 8 USD) for a thick luggage wrap. pparently, the baggage attendants like dabbling in the fashionable and luxurious industry of imports - cologne, anyone?.
Photos soon.

Ciao for now.





Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



12th August 2008

Thanks for the post
Just come back from Chile and read your post. Has got me thinking of converting my scribbles into a blog too. Cheers

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb