Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
January 23rd 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrive early PM and set about exploring by foot - climbing Santa Lucia Hill in the middle of the City giving a panoramic view of Downtown Santiago. On our wanderings we stumbled on the BOHO district full of bars, restaurants, shops etc. We selected a restaurant and stayed on till late soaking up the lifestyle of the City. We also spotted another restaurant which we visied the following night where we discovered Pisco Sour! Hope you all like lemons because we now have the recipe.

Next day we took a City Tour with a bi-lingual guide who kept calling me Amigo! and saw more of the historical and cultural buildings and learnt more of the background - Arturo Pratt and San Martin seem to be the main guys who fought for their independence from Spain.

In the centre of town is a large park set on a hill with a statue of San Cristobal at the top and a cable car and funicular offering two means of reaching the top (and bottom!) We tried both!

We enjoyed Santiago - the pavements were somewhat smoother than Buenos Aires.

After doing the City, we decided to spend a day visiting Vina Del Mar and Valparaiso via the vineyards of Chile. A very long day and hellish hot too.




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb