Feliz Ano Nuevo


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
January 1st 2007
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Happy new year to all!!

Well we have arrived in Santiago and are currently recovering from a big new years eve!

After an action packed couple of days sightseeing and shopping in Sydney we left on the morning of new years eve. We flew for about 15 hours via Auckland and Bryce slept for about 8 hours of the flight.

We found our hostel with easy (thank you lonely planet) and met 3 great aussies who we have spent the last day with. After conducting a bit of research, we found out that new years eve really doesn´t get started until about 1am here so we had a sleep from 6pm to 9pm and were then rearing to go. We played poker and drinking games with our new friends until about 11.50pm before deciding we should hit the streets to see the fireworks. We got a great spot and were surrounded by Chileans with champagne bottle ready to party. Bryce bot a daggy gold sequined hat for $2 and we got some confetti to throw over people at midnight. We didnt have long to wait and soon enough we were soaked in champagne which made the confetti stick really well to our clothes and hair! The fireworks were amazing and went for about 25 minutes.

After the action on the street began to die down, we went for a 45 minute walk in the direction of the parties. We stumbled across a party on a hill in a public park which has a huge amazing castle on the top. We headed in not relising it was an over 25s party but that didn´t stop us from having a great time! We met lots of chileans and ended up getting home at about 7am! Needless to say we slept until 3pm this afternoon.

Given that this is our only day in Santiago we decided to do some sightseeing so we went up to the highest point to look out over the city. The view was beautiful with the mountains in the background but Bryce was looking a bit worse for wear after practically inhaling a´big tasty burger from McDonalds for lunch.

And that brings us to now!! we are heading off to Quito in Equador tomorrow at 5.30am. There we will fly to the Galapagos Island for our 7 day cruise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



2nd January 2007

Happy New Year
Happy New Year to you both! Sounds like you are having a great time- I'm very jealous having started back at work yesterday. Keep the updates coming. Love Laurs
4th January 2007

Nightclub
An over 25's club - what would be the point of going there?? Still very happy with the random crowd shots, keep them coming.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb