Hike to Waterfall in Torres del Paine


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
January 19th 2024
Published: January 21st 2024
Edit Blog Post

I feel better today but not 100%. I join our group on a hike to a waterfall. We have a buffet breakfast in the hotel then head out for our hike. We try to drive to the trail head but it is so windy the rangers have closed the road to the trail head. Our bus parks and we decide to walk to the trail head. It is an easy (except for the wind) slight uphill hike. The waterfall is beautiful. There is a lot of water in the park, glaciers, rivers and lakes. There is no swimming allowed in the park, which is not a problem because it is summer now and too cold to swim.

We were given box lunches and after our morning hike our bus takes us back to our hotel. Those who want to go directly onto the next hike. Mark stays on the bus, he likes to hike. I am still not feeling well and it is cold, windy and sometimes wet outside. I decide to enjoy a hot drink and read my book while looking out the window of the bar. Sitting there gave me the chance to chat with some of my fellow travelers who also decided not to hike.

Dinner is in our hotel. We get semi packed because after breakfast we head to Calafate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb