Torres del Paine


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
January 17th 2024
Published: January 20th 2024
Edit Blog Post

I was sick with stomach issues all last night. No sleep so today I will rest. Unfortunately it is a travel day, we are heading to Torres del Paine National Park. The park was declared a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1978. This beautiful wilderness park is popular with backpackers and mountain climbers. They have cabins where hikers can sleep and eat. They are shared cabins not individual cabins. There are campsites also. No camping without reservations and no campfires are allowed in the park. It is very windy here and a campfire could burn the park down which did happen when a camper burned his toilet paper and the flame flew away. Our first stop is a ranch where our group will learn about how gauchos live. A one hour horse back ride followed the tour of the ranch. Everyone had fun while I stayed on the bus and rested.

We stop for a bathroom stop which has a small museum about the park. We have box lunches to eat on the bus. Our next stop is another hike in the park. Mark took pictures on the hike while I stayed on the bus and slept.

We arrived at our hotel located in the park called Largo Grey after the lake it faces. The hotel has a restaurant and bar which face the lake. I skipped dinner and got to bed early.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb