Punta Arenas - almost Tierra Del Fuego


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Punta Arenas
March 3rd 2012
Published: March 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Public transport back to the Santiago airport went well and other than the little kid kicking our seats the entire flight, getting to Punta Arenas was easy. Sky Airlines put all the gringos in the exit row...no idea why they pick us for that comfort seeing as Sarah and I were the only ones who spoke any Spanish. In case of emergency, look to the gringos? We sat next to two New Yorkers who really gave Americans a bad name with their antics.

I (Matt) was very excited to arrive in Punta Arenas. To me, it really felt like the beginning of our journey. I am not much of a city person, so this little town is more my cup of tea.

The $6 each bus ride to the town from the airport started with some laughs at my expense. The bus driver really seemed to get a kick out of my red hair and beard. Something about a bull. Probably our most animated bus driver so far. He was entertaining.

No luck at our first hostel choice so we are staying at a place next door, Barefoot Backpacker. It seems new and while things are a work in progress it is pretty nice. Sarah has bit of a cold, so we are going to eat quickly here and go to sleep. Mrs. Cannon, Sarah requests some of your famous Chicken Noodle.

Tomorrow - Penguins!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb