Punta Arenas


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Punta Arenas
June 1st 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Punta Arenas, in Patagonia, yesterday by plane..... the view from the plane of the Andes and the aerial view of Punta Arenas was beautiful! On our first morning it snowed, which was really cool but also really cold!! My face, fingers and toes froze whenever we left the house! But we braved the cold and walked around the town today... although the cold drove us back to our place late in the afternoon! We didn´t get to do the standard tourist visit to their cemetary (!) as it was just too far to walk with frozen toes. And because it´s low season we aren´t able to do the other standard things to do here, such as viewing the penguins etc.
We stayed at Hostel Independencia, which is run by Eduardo and his wife in their home. He made a great breakfast and although it was a little further out of town than some others, I think it was worth the extra walk. Only spending a couple of nights here and although i am covered head to toe in thermals etc it is really cold, so we are headed for El Calafate (Argentina), via Puerto Natales for a night.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb