chiloe island


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Chiloé Island
February 3rd 2011
Published: February 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello again... a pre-warning, i cannot find how to do an exlamation point on this keyboard... so just imagine my usual excitment and add them as you find they are needed....everywhere....

so aly and i are in the town of Castro, Chiloe Island, Chile. It is quite a cute little place. a couple of days ago we took a bus from puerto varas to Ancud, Chiloe. Ancud was a nice little town but the day we got there it was POURING rain and SO windy. we actually just hunkered down in our room because the thought of going outside was frightening. the next day we booked ourselves a little tour to go see the pinguinos...many exlamation points. so after a bus ride we arrived at the ocean where the penguins live. it is the only place in the world where humbolt and magallánicos penguins live in harmony together... so cool. we saw a lot of penguins and some really neat birds too... i will have to do more research to what exactly their english names are. one of boat guides told us that the official name of one of the ducks was the, no-fly duck, which is actually correct... surprisingly... but that is the only one i remember. haha. anyway i was pretty stoked to see penguins for the first time... hurray... exclamation points...

after the tour we hopped on a bus to Castro which is also on chiloe island. it has a bit more charm than ancud and seems to have better weather as well. our friend callum, i dont know if i have written about him yet.. he is an aussie that we met at our hostel in valparasio and then ran into again on our off the beaten track hike in la junta... and then AGAIN in our hostel in Ancud.... so crazy. anyway he came with us to castro so last night the three of us made and awesome dinner of rice, chicken, and lots of veggies. plus we made a huge fruit salad and got a four dollar bottle of awesome wine. it had a flyfisherman on the bottle dad, which is why i got it... haha. it was awesome to be eating something that is not bread or potatoes which is a lot of what you find down here.

today we ventured out to explore the town. we went to a nice church with amazing woodwork. it is one of many old, old churches that chiloe is famous for, which i think are UNSESCO heritage sites. we also wandered around looking at the palafitos which are houses on stilts. another world heritage site as well.... the palafitos are quite neat, i will try to post pictures sometime...

anyway all is well here. we are headed to puerto montt for a night and then to bariloche, argentina. hello to all at home... love you and miss you... exclamation points.......


Advertisement



4th February 2011

Exclamation Points!
Hey Friend! All I want to say (you said it best) Is EXCLAMATION POINTS! You are awesome Keep having awesome exclaiming point times! Ang :)

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb