Rapa Nui - Easter Island, here we come


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Easter Island
September 24th 2018
Published: October 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I try to get a couple of photos of the prison this morning but it looks all quiet in the rising sun despite the very heavy police presence outside while we were having breakfast.



Our taxi ride is much quicker than we expected, given it is rush hour on Monday morning and the whole checkin process is painless. The little lounge is really comfortable and even worth a photo.



We hang out with ElShia and her Nanna, who we have all adopted. By coincidence we are all wearing our (almost) matching ‘baby’ lama cardigans that we bought in Puno on our way home from dinner. At 40 sol each (about 20NZD) I doubt they are the genuine article but they are soft and warm.



We fly to Santiago and navigate customs, find the check-in, almost get the gate for Easter Islnad wrong - it is in the international part of the airport despite being part of Chile.



The flight to Rapa Nui is about 5 hours and we arrive at about midnight. And thankfully a miracle has occurred. Our first transit for th ewhole trip has turned up! And thank goodness because we are both very bleary eyed. The temperature is pleasant, we get a wreath of flowers and the accomodato has hot water.

Tomorrow we explore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb