Pinguin-watching in La Serena


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Coquimbo Region » La Serena
December 28th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -35.6751, -71.543

14 hours later, we finally arrived at La Serena and Alex went directly to our hostel while I went to Vicuña to finally get back my towel and bikini. We spent the afternoon relaxing and drinking beer on the roof terrace with some people that we knew from our hostel in San Pedro de Atakam and in the evening we went for a walk in the city center, bought some presents (Alex at least) and we cooked dinner in our hostel.

The next day (29.12), our tour to the Humboldt Pinguïn Reserve started at 8:30 AM and our guide was actually early for a change ; can you imagine this? Really strange for Chile! ;-)
Hannah from Texas came with us, 2 people from England and 3 from Germany. Our guide was really good - he has been a tourguide for something like 20 years now and does a lot of different tours - and he was funny. It was a boot tour across some islands and we were so lucky as to see whales, sea-lions, pinguins, pelicans, herolds, a sea-otter and many different birds. Before going home, we had the best lunch ever : empanadas with cheese and fresh shrimps, fresh grilled reiñita fish and super sweet and juicy watermelon as a desert. On our way back we saw more wild animals and even some andean foxes. It was a great trip and worth every cent. I can only recommand you to do this tour and go to the Humboldt Pinguïn Parc.

The same evening we left for Valparaiso.


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb