Count down to going home


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Arica & Parinacota » Arica
November 22nd 2007
Published: November 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our route home


Count down to bueno viaje es cuatro dias. We are trying to put down a plan of places to visit on our trip, so many places so little time... We still didn't sell the surfboard here, which means that we either have to donate it to the poor kids and accept $100+ losses or take it with us. Maybe we can attach a sail on it, and use it in Greece. Today we bumped into a guy who is planning to start sand surfing business here in Arica, so we signed up straight away as his first customers for Sunday. It would be quite funny if something happened to us on last night... knock knock knock. It was one of the things I most wanted to do here though, so lucky me that we found it. Tomorrow we go to one of Michal's friends for lunch, his name is Miguel, and he has 10 Chilean rodeo horses. They ride them around rodeo ring, where a cow is running around, and the horse tries to push the cow with his breast against the rodeo ring. Different points are given for different parts of the cow he hits.
Last week we had lots of earthquakes, the big one, that hit Antofagasta, was weirdest earthquake we've ever experienced, it was not shaky like normally, but wavy, like standing on a boat in a storm, the whole house wobbled from side to side, and we became really dizzy and disoriented, couldn't know sky from earth anymore. Gladly we were so far from the quake, that we could just enjoy the ride, it was like on one of those distorted rooms in theme parks.
I am trying to write my thesis too, half of it is done, it's coming really slowly, and I'm getting more and more stressed, I have to keep drinking wine to stay calm, but page by page its somehow progressing, and soon there will be a big reward of traveling around these amazing places.
Michal has learned to surf quite well in the meantime, but now the current has changed and its not bringing those huge stormy waves from the antarctic anymore, but we are not complaining, it's summer here finally.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb